digital_mainstreet_squad_job_posting March 7
Please click on the above link to download the job description for the Digital Mainstreet Service Squad
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media, Communications and Marketing Intern
Belle River- On the Lake Business Improvement Area (BIA) is looking for one or two Social Media, Communications and Marketing Interns to join their team and help build their Digital Mainstreet Service Squad.
The Digital Mainstreet Service Squad is a Provincial Ontario and Ontario BIA Association initiative to bring digital media and technology to businesses across the province. Belle River BIA Member businesses can apply for a technology grant to adopt technology in their business in a variety of ways after completing a technology assessment.
As part of the Digital Mainstreet Service Squad the selected team members will work with BIA staff and Belle River BIA member businesses to help guide them through the grant application process. They will also be expected to provide support and information related to the Digital Mainstreet initiative. They will also participate in developing social media campaigns to share the great things about Belle River businesses and special events. We are looking for someone with creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to help bring a unique aspect to the team.
Interns should be able to assist business owners with hiring a consultant/ agency/person to execute digital marketing initiatives, give advice on website redesign, improvements to existing website or the development of a new website and be knowledgeable of software, hardware and digital training courses.
- You will be familiar with day-to-day social media account management and campaign execution.
- You have excellent interpersonal, team, and written and verbal communication skills
- You are proactive, organized and pay close attention to detail
- You can work under pressure to deliver excellent quality work on short deadlines
- You are proficient with Google Drive software (Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Familiarity Google Analytics is an asset
- Creative writing and proofreading skills are an asset
- Experience with social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc. are an asset
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Available Monday to Friday with flexible hours and potentially some weekend work
- Have transportation to Belle River as needed
Digital Main Street provides:
- A full interactive web platform:providing access to a free Digital Assessment for business owners, a comprehensive vendor directory that businesses can leverage, as well as a cache of thought leadership content providing businesses with best practices, how-to guides, and real life examples of businesses going through digital transformation.
- Digital Training (online and in-person) through the Digital Main Street Academy:a full suite of educational and instructive workshops done both in-person and online to assist with their mission of helping main street businesses grow by adopting digital tools and technologies.
- The Digital Service Squad:a first of its kind team of highly trained recent graduates to help business owner’s one-on-one, providing assistance and digital assessments to help their businesses grow. This also includes implementing and activating free and easy-to-use tools.