Get YOUR Business in front of your Lakeshore community!!
Stroll the Street is organized by the Belle River-On the Lake BIA and aims to bring the community and local business and associations together to enjoy food, shopping and entertainment as an upbeat urban experience with small town charm geared for locals of all ages.
WE INVITE YOU TO PARTICPATE! Local businesses, vendors, entertainers and organizations will be set up to line the street of Notre Dame on May 12, June 16 and September 22, 2017 between 6pm and 8pm. The street closure will begin at 5pm with the event starting at 6pm. Please confirm your attendance by completing the form below and submitting your form along with payment to either a committee member or directly to Belle River-On the Lake BIA, 419 Notre Dame, Belle River ON N0R 1A0. All cheques payable to Belle River-On the Lake BIA
Stroll the Street is your opportunity to meet interesting people as they walk, shop, eat and enjoy all that the local businesses have to offer AND an opportunity for the community to visit with friends and family and even meet new people while enjoying a variety of music and activities.
Ways to Participate:
- Take your business to the street, set up a tent and sell your wares.
- If you are a service provider you can participate by sponsoring an activity (don’t forget to make the most of the marketing opportunity)
- If you have a restaurant or food truck, there will be many hungry families.
- If you have a talent or are part of an organization this is your chance to showcase it.
Fun Activities that can take place on the Street:
- Entertainment – singers, dancers, musicians ( band), acoustic artists, superheroes, magician, stilt walker, clown, busker, mime, fashion show, cooking demonstration, outdoor movie, pet parade, face painters, henna artist, balloon artist etc
- Games – Fun for all ages! Kids vs parents, or just for kids – Blow up soccer or hockey, dunk tank, roller derby, obstacle course, sumo wrestling, putt putt golf, etc
- Contests – Raffles, Draws, Colouring, Chalk Art, Frisbee Toss, Eating Contests – Pizza, Pasta, Pies etc.
- Food – BBQ, packaged food and snacks, bake sale, frozen desserts, lemonade, pop/water
- Giveaways – Promotional products for your business –pens, notepads, refillable bottles, shopping bags, key chains, Sunglasses, Frisbee, Keeper Coolers, balloons, beachballs, etc
- Attention Grabbers – Cool Cars, exhibits, Wind Dancers, Princesses, Superheroes, etc.
YES!!! I’D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GREAT EVENT
I would like to sell something (details)_______________________________________________
I would like to provide entertainment (details) ________________________________________
I would like to provide an activity (details) ___________________________________________
I would like to sell food (details)____________________________________________________
BUSINESS NAME:________________________CONTACT NAME:__________________________
MAILING ADDRESS:_______________________SOCIAL MEDIA: _________________________ WEBSITE:_______________________________________
I am a BIA Member: YES/NO *Please note that BIA Members and Not for Profit Organization Application Fees will be waived!
I have a businesses on Notre Dame: YES/NO
SPECIAL LOCATION REQUESTS (we will try but can’t commit)_____________________________
|Date of Event||Space
|Date Paid||Application deadline||Activity|
|June 16||10 x 10ft||$25||June 9|
|10x 20ft||$50||June 9|
|September 22||10ftx10ft||$25||August 22|
Participation Waiver – I am aware that there are always risks associated with participating. Having knowledge of these risks I hereby assume all risk of injury, damage and liability arising from such activities. I hereby release the Belle River-on the Lake BIA, Stroll the Street Committee, Town of Lakeshore, its officials, employees and agents and waive any right of recovery I might have to bring a claim or lawsuit against them for any personal injury, death, or other consequence occurring to myself or my group as a result of my participation. Further I grant full permission to use any photograph, video, film or record of my participation. I agree to all terms and conditions.
Signed _______________________________________ Date_________________________
Simple Rules and Regulations
- All applications and payment must be returned one month before each event with a cheque payable to the Belle River- On the Lake BIA
- Vendors who pay for all three events together at least one month before the event are guaranteed to have the same location on the street at each event if they so desire and will receive a prime spot.
- A vendor can be a home based business, professional, artist, crafter or a general merchandise vendor including gently used items
- All sale items must be clearly priced
- ABSOLUTELY NO knives, lighters, articles with profanity, body piercing services or drug paraphernalia allowed
- Locations along Notre Dame will be assigned as your applications are accepted.
- You must be open and prepared to do business during the entire time of the road closure 6pm to 8pm. Removal or take down of booths before closing is not permitted without permission BUT you MUST begin to take all of your equipment off of the road at 8pm as per instructions by the Lakeshore OPP
- Set up on the street begins at 5pm after the road blocks are up and the OPP have closed the road. Road Closure is from 5 pm to 8pm. Alternate parking will be needed for your vehicle.
- Vendor locates will be marked on the pavement in the designated parking spots within the designated road closure
- Tent set up will be on pavement, therefore ALL TENTS must be securely weighted down in case of high winds
- The Belle River-On the Lake BIA reserves the right to not accept any applications and any payment will be returned
- All applications must be approved by the Stroll the Street Committee
- No refunds on any cancellations on your part.
Stroll the Street Committee Members:
Tracey Bailey, Lucille Soulliere, Janel Gagnier, Jennifer Certossi, Susan Dominato, Stefanie Goulding, Sandy Pepper, Dale Sanger and Tina Roy
Belle River – On the Lake Business Improvement Area (BIA), 419 Notre Dame, Belle River, ON N0R 1A0
firstname.lastname@example.org BelleRiverBIA.com 519-728-4624