Thank you for your interest in joining the Belle River – On the Lake BIA as an Associate Member in 2018
- Your liaison to Municipal Government
Belle River – On the Lake BIA Mission Statement is to promote the businesses of our membership, to assist in economic growth and development and encourage beautification in the community. We are committed to the enhancement of tourism in our area. We strive to keep our members informed and up to date on new developments, concerns and announcements that affect our businesses.
Advantages To Being an Associate BIA Member for only $125 a year!
- Networking with other business owners in the area at meetings and special events
- Promote your business with other BIA members in the community = increased exposure in town
- Co-op advertising opportunities
- Business exposure on our online business directory at belleriverbia.com
- Advertisement and added exposure in the Belle River BIA Business Directory (5,000 copies)
- Information on guest speakers and seminars in the area for information on today’s business
- Showing pride in our community and helping to make it a better place to live, work and shop
- Opportunity to Purchase a Banner with your logo to be mounted on a Notre Dame Street Pole
Belle River Improvement Association Accomplishments for Our Community
- The BIA is responsible for purchasing, planting and maintaining the planters along Notre Dame
- The BIA hosts the Tree Lighting Celebration at the Optimist Park each year
- The BIA purchases and installs thousands of lights and Christmas Decorations at Optimist Park
- The BIA is responsible for the placement, planting and maintenance of cement flower pots at the Belle River Marina, Optimist Park, West Beach and Lakeview Park.
- The BIA donated the unique Moe Muskie Garbage Containers at Lakeview Park.
- The BIA took over the organization and the responsibility of the Sunsplash Festivalafter the Town of Lakeshore’s decision to drop the family oriented event
- The BIA is responsible for organizing special promotions for BIA Members such as the new Stroll the Street events, Gobbler Giveaway, Halloween Trick or Treat Walk to enhance and encourage business for local merchants
- The BIA creates a Belle River Business Directory which is helpful to all residents in Lakeshore.
- The BIA is a member in good standing with the Ontario BIA Association, Festival and Events Ontario, Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island and the Canada South Festival Network
- The BIA is able to match prospective new businesses to the commercial landlords to insure full retail stores and offices in Belle River
- The BIA is responsible for creating belleriverbia.comand the Belle River-On the Lake Sunsplash Festival Page and Belle River BIA on Facebook
- The BIA works with the Town of Lakeshore on Community Improvement Grants for BIA Members
- The BIA purchased banners for the downtown core in 2014 for the new light standards on Notre Dame and will now be replacing them with custom made banners with our BIA member logos on them for a very reasonable price!
“A truly successful BIA creates a spirit of cooperation that improves the local community not only for all businesses but for property owners and local residents as well.”
“Business changes every day. Adapting to the marketplace is important”
“Together, as a BIA, we have more resources and can accomplish much more than acting alone.”
“It takes a lot of effort and dedication to make a BIA work. But the results make it all worthwhile.”